Six awards for Żabka at Retail Trends 2022
The Żabka Group received the prestigious Retail Business Award 2022 in the category of Architect of the Year. The jury awards this distinction to companies that have had the most impact on the commercial sector, business partners, consumers, and the economy. At the same time, the Żabka chain was awarded the Market of the Year statuette in four categories – Small Format, Most Innovative Concept, The Most Interesting Assortment Strategy, and The Best Franchise Concept. Moreover, lite e-Commerce – the company responsible for creating e-commerce solutions belonging to the Group – was awarded in the category of Best Commercial Start-up. The awards were presented on May 24, during the gala crowning the Retail Trends 2022.
– The future is digitization, as well as all initiatives to increase efficiency. In Żabka we focus on proximity, convenience, and personalized offer. We create a business in a modern convenience format. I would like to thank the jury of the Retail Trends Award and the Market of the Year, who awarded six prizes to our organization. For the first time, the Żabka Group and Lite e-Commerce were awarded. It is a great honor for us and appreciation of the dynamic development of our company in so many fields. It is also a nod to our customers, franchisees, and business partners, thanks to which our dynamic development is possible – says Adam Manikowski, Managing Director of Żabka Polska.
The Retail Business Awards, jointly awarded by Business Center Club and Wydawnictwo Gospodarcze, are the first such prestigious business awards for companies from the retail and wholesale sector in Poland. They aim to build an image of the trade sector adequate to its contribution to the development of the Polish economy and its innovation. The awards are intended to emphasize the commitment of companies to create good practices and high business standards in the area of the labor market and corporate social responsibility. According to the Retail Business Awards jury, the Żabka Group is the company that has had the most impact on the commercial sector, business partners, consumers, and the economy in the past year, so it was awarded in the Architect of the Year category.
The Market of the Year is a prestigious plebiscite that selects the best grocery stores in Poland. Individual shops and retail chains compete for the title. The winners are nominated by managers of major food companies, representatives of research institutes, and industry organizations. The Żabka chain received distinctions in four categories:
- Small Format – according to the justification of the jury, Żabka is the fastest growing and dynamically evolving concept of a small-format franchise store in Poland;
- The most Innovative Concept – is the award for the Żabka Nano, the concept of an autonomous store packed with modern technologies, which quickly became the largest such store concept in Europe;
- Most interesting Assortment Strategy – for taking advantage of the opportunity to sell in certain product categories due to the change in consumer habits caused by the pandemic, as well as for skillfully encouraging visits to the store week by week, thanks to products offered exclusively;
- Best Franchise Concept – this award for the “franchise-centricity” of Żabka and the constant raising of the stakes combined with the care of franchisees, as evidenced by the record growth rate of the chain and the pioneering project “Business Policies”.
The Market of the Year 2022 statuette in the category Best Commercial Start-up was also awarded to Lite e-Commerce company belonging to the Żabka Group (Żabka Jush) for showing that solid commercial know-how, logistical excellence, and transparent interface are the basis of the q-commerce market.