“While everyone is discussing how we deploy with such unprecedented speed, how we work with different store formats and product mixes, we focus on being available at every corner for people in need 24/7, and simplifying people’s busy lives with technology.”
We are witnessing a digital transformation in almost every aspect of our lives. The online world is increasingly merging with the offline world. We are experiencing the same in the retail industry. At Żabka, this revolution is taking place on two levels: digital transformation and change in our business approach.
For many retail companies, technology is just a service provider. At Żabka Group, we think differently. Technology, together with business and ESG, drives the development of our organisation. Already five years ago, we changed our mentality and created a pillar in our business strategy, which was digital transformation.
We started working on building digital tools for customers, employees and franchisees, designed the Żappka app, which has more than 7.1 milion users, and started investing in artificial intelligence.
As a result, we are using our technology to set new standards in the convenience ecosystem by striving to constantly add value for our customers. And we are using this technological advantage to set new standards in the convenience ecosystem by constantly adding value for the customer.
We are the largest chain of autonomous stores in Europe, we introduce modern payment methods, invest in q-commerce and artificial intelligence.
Thanks to the scale of our operations, we can test modern solutions in a real environment, while listening to customer feedback. We take convenience to a completely new level – we redefine what the comfort of shopping is. And all this is thanks to technology. Innovation allows us to build value in the long term.
Our plans and analyses go beyond next year – we predict how the customer will be buying in 3-5 years.
We measure technological success in numbers
are processed every day using Snowflake
document operations performed
Digital tools for over
“When thinking about the future of commerce we are dealing with the phenomenon of Phygital. It’s a word that describes the trend of elevating the physical brand experience with a digital component – or vice versa. The intention of combining the physical and digital experience is to draw on the best of both worlds, with the ultimate goal of providing customers with unique, highly personalized experiences that leave a lasting impression.”
– Tomasz Blicharski, Executive Vice President of the Management Board of Żabka Group for strategy and development
Creation of Żabka Future – responsible for innovation and finding businesses that increase the Group’s value – marked the beginning of a new chapter in our digital transformation.
Thanks to the distinction of a unit strictly responsible for innovation, we were able to quickly and flexibly implement and test new products and services, developing technology to expand the Group’s convenience ecosystem.
Observing the market environment and studying changes in consumer behavior, we have noticed that, being at the center of our ecosystem, the customer is increasingly turning to digital solutions. We want to increase the scale of the digital convenience solutions we offer. Therefore, in order to respond even better to the challenges and accelerate the Group’s digital transformation, we decided to establish a new unit, Żabka Digital, in 2023.
Its mission is to accelerate the construction of a state-of-the-art digital convenience ecosystem and to seek synergies between the already mature digital businesses in our portfolio through technology.
At the same time, Żabka Future, through the consolidation of teams focused on new business opportunities, will be able to fulfill its role even better and develop Żabka Group in new areas of operation.
Digital Transformation Action Areas
Thanks to data analysis and the development of artificial intelligence:
- We minimize customer service time
- We make business easier for franchisees
- We use convenient, personalized and friendly communication of our offer
- We select stores assortment
- We select locations for new Żabka stores
- We improve logistics
We enable customers to do their shopping in autonomous, smaller Żabka Nano stores, offering impulse and necessities, open 24/7, where you can pay using our app or a payment card. Thanks to technology, we can offer our services to customers in places where a traditional Żabka would not be possible, such as offices, gyms or hospitals.
Żabka Nano, one of the newest concepts of the Żabka chain, has launched another innovative solution – a robot called Robbie, that serves customers the hot dogs. The first such robot has been operating recently in Żabka Nano at 54 Dobra Street in Warsaw.
Cooperation with start-ups
We cooperate with startups creating innovative solutions for retail. We support startups designing unconventional solutions for e-commerce, q-commerce and Direct to Consumer (D2C) model.
We provide expert assistance in verifying the idea, developing the product and introducing it to the market. Using our resources and experience allows young enterprises to achieve positive results in a shorter time, reduce the risk of failure and receive mentoring and training for founders.
Venture Studio is dedicated to support innovators, search for new business ideas and relationships within startup community and build ventures which subscribe to Żabka Group’s strategy of sustainable growth.
Recognized by the best
& President at AiFi Inc.
Chief Revenue Office, Snowflake
“We are honored and delighted to be working closely with Żabka – one of the most innovative retail chains. We look forward to supporting Żabka in making faster data-driven decisions and opening up new business opportunities through Snowflake’s data cloud. Żabka is constantly defining new ways to capture and analyze data, changing the retail industry.”
“Synerise is a long-term technological partner of Żabka. Our platform is the core of the Żappka app, providing i.e an AI-based personalization engine. Cooperation with Żabka is an example of how ambitious plans and ideas become reality thanks to the cutting-edge technology. We believe that Żabka’s digital transformation projects are one of the most unique and advanced in the world.”
GM and SVP Salesforce
EMEA & Emerging Markets
“Żabka is a world leader in technology implementation. They have developed the capability to expand rapidly and achieve significant efficiency gains.”
- The “Innovation in Business” award in the “Innovation 2022” competition for the Robbie Robot.
- The Award in the “Transformational Capabilities” category for the “Asystent Żabka ” application in the Digital Excellence Awards competition 17.11.2022.
- The SAP Global Innovation Award 2022 for “The Summit of Digitization of Trade”, among other things, for the implementation of SAP Integration Suite – building a smart integration core. 12.10.2022.
- The Most Innovative Retail Implementation in Poland for Salesforce implementation in the Żabka Group.
- As part of the Proptech Festival contest, Żabka received the award for the Żabka Nano concept, which was recognized as an innovative property technology.
- Retail Innovation Award for Smart Stores for Żabka Nano.
- Honorary award of SAP Global Innovation Award 2022 for Żabka Polska and partner i2switch.com.
- Żabka Wins 2022 NACS Technology Award recognizing the company’s fully autonomous Żabka Nano store concept. The award was presented during the NACS Convenience Summit Europe in Berlin.
- The company won the money.pl award in the Technology of the Year category for the project of autonomous Żabka Nano stores.
- Żabka has been awarded the “Sustainable Economy Diamonds” in the category of Technology Leader for Sustainable Development. The project of autonomous Żabka Nano stores was awarded at conference Sustainable Economy Summit.
- Data Sharing Leader EMEA Award in the third annual competition organised by Snowflake in 2021.
- Chief Digital of The Year award for Tomasz Blicharski by the editors of Forbes and Business insider Poland.
- Distinction for the Żabka Nano concept in the “Digital Customer Experience” category as part of the Digital Excellence Awards in 2021.