TOP technology tools for Żabka franchisees
Security, partnership, and multi-directional support are particularly important nowadays for running your own business. The Żabka chain offers several unique solutions designed for franchisees who run stores under its name, which help them and their employees in the day-to-day management of the outlets. These include technology tools such as OptiPlan with Żabka Assistant package, Cyberstore, and SprzedawcaPRO application.
– We are among the most innovative franchise chains in the world. The tools implemented and functioning in Żabka support the entrepreneurs cooperating with us in the effective management of stores, improving the skills of their own and their teams, as well as in the systematic development of the business. We constantly improve existing solutions to meet the expectations of the most demanding users and introduce new digital technologies adapted to the needs of franchisees, building the market position of their stores and the entire chain – emphasizes Przemysław Kijewski, COO at Żabka Polska.
– The strength of the franchise with Żabka is information technology and modern solutions. The emergence of the Cyberstore app is an unparalleled achievement that combines almost all the functions related to orders, sales, or logistics in one place. With the help of a smartphone, I can manage the store remotely. Sometimes I order goods from home, I receive them directly to the store, I do not have to go anywhere to get them – says Paweł Błachowicz, franchisee of the Żabka store in Bystrzyca Kłodzka.
Among the key tools for franchisees and their teams are:
- OptiPlan – is a package of initiatives and solutions designed to optimize and best organize the activities performed by franchisees and their staff. Thanks to its existence, all elements related to the functioning of the store, including data and document archiving, are collected in one system. OptiPlan includes solutions for food safety management and logistics.
- Żabka Assistant – the main tool of the OptiPlan package, aimed at optimizing and streamlining work in stores. The application is individually tailored to each facility thanks to artificial intelligence – it displays, among others, data resulting from the analysis of various parameters, such as traffic volume, number of customers, location specifics, or delivery cycle. Prioritizes tasks and responds in real-time to events occurring in a given store. It provides knowledge, for example, about the correct arrangement or the need to replenish goods, products with a short shelf life, or tips on the daily tasks to be performed in the facilities. Franchisees and their employees can use the Assistant via the tablet that each store is equipped with. Over a year, the Assistant has been expanded from 3 to 12 basic modules and a few smaller functionalities. At the end of 2022, more than 93% of stores used the Assistant functionality. It was recognized with an award in the 2022 Digital Excellence Awards in the Transformational Capabilities category.
- The Cyberstore application – has been operating within the chain for over 2.5 years, and more than 100 franchisees from all over Poland were involved in its creation. It assists Żabka store operators in the complex management of facilities from a phone or computer with internet access. It allows them to control all the most important processes occurring in their stores on an ongoing, remote basis. They can check the sales results achieved at a given time by generating turnover reports or verifying the number of receipts. Cyberstore also informs about the next delivery date or the number of pallets to be expected, which allows for effective management of the team’s work during delivery. The solution is also a kind of connection between franchisees and the chain through which entrepreneurs receive important information from the headquarters and can communicate with representatives of Żabka, i.e. sales partners.
- Since its inception, the number of functionalities in the application has increased from 16 to approx. 40, and their scope is constantly expanding. One of the most significant changes was the introduction of the Order module, thanks to which franchisees can order goods through the Cyberstore, which according to estimates takes them about 20-30 minutes on average. Thanks to the feedback from franchisees and the desire to improve the existing functionalities, the chain has also introduced e.g. improvements to the product search engine, on-demand orders, thanks to which stores can place an order outside the supply cycle, as well as a mode which, in the event of a system failure, allows an order to be placed based on a historical stock-up offer.
The chain was awarded for the application „Gold Retail Innovation 2020“ in the category B2B Applications within the competition „FMCG & Retail Gold Innovation“.
- SprzedawcaPRO – the program has been running since March 2022, and through a special platform, the sales clerks employed by franchisees will be able to receive training and thus improve their knowledge and skills in the field of trade or building relations with the customer. The platform is also a chain Knowledge Base, a special tool for learning the operation of the so-called „Virtual shop“ or the Sales Clerk’s Guide with a collection of the most important news, e.g. sales actions in a given week. The initiative also organizes a monthly competition for the best sales clerks, with prizes in the form of vouchers for use in the chain’s facilities.
In addition to smart tools, newly joining franchisees get the chance to operate under the name known by 93% of consumers in Poland, ready – fully stocked-up and fully equipped stores, and further marketing, service, or delivery support implemented directly to their facilities. Entrepreneurs operating under the green logo are also covered by a special insurance „Business insurance“, protecting in case of failure of the activity. The financial contribution for starting a business with Żabka amounts to only about PLN 5 thousand.
Thanks to all these solutions and various forms of support, the Żabka franchisees can concentrate on acquiring customers and local development of their businesses.
More on: www.zabka.pl/franczyza